I have been writing this blog for a while now, and it wasn’t until recently that I started getting a few link backs from bloggers saying they nominated little ole’ me for an award. While I appreciate it, I started thinking about it. I don’t want to do exactly what it says I must do because each of my blog posts are unique. I would like to thank The J85, for the “shout out”, but I am going to change it up a bit. Here were the “rules”:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
- Nominate seven or so bloggers you admire.
Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
- OPT out of 2 and 3 and instead ASK your readers to comment on a blog they like to read and why I should check it out based on things I like. Oh wait, that’s my new “rule”. Hope you don’t mind.
So the last time I nominated some folks for an award, I started thinking about how a few (okay, I live with one) bloggers seemed to think it was a hassle to accept. I just ran across this post as well. So what I would like to see from like-minded bloggers is that if you get the award and you feel you just can’t accept it right then, thank the nominee and ask for your readers to give you some ideas on blogs you should check out. For example, here is what I am looking for in a nut-shell.
- Blogs on gluten-free meals that are easy to make (emphasis on easy, not a chef)
- Blogs on living a better life (quotes, yoga)
- Blogs on any and all things science fiction related (geek, fantasy, etc.)
- Blogs on what to do with my children over the summer (crafts, ideas, etc.)
- Blogs on how to make my puppies stop barking (dachshunds are awesome)
- Blogs on good books to read (see number 3 for genre)
- Blogs that make me laugh (you are not alone after all)
So your task is ready. Hopefully you don’t mind that I changed the “rules”…I am a rebel that way.
“Defy your own group. Rebel against yourself.” ~Cathy Guisewite