Sometimes, you have to mope. It just happens. Maybe you wallow, stagger, or flounder about like a fish out of water. You pout, brood, or even grieve. You go through the motions and you think you are pulling it off. True friends will know that you are not fooling anyone. I am at that point and I can admit it. I was in the midst of composing a tormented blog post (in my head mind you) when I heard the ding of my e-mail. What’s this all about? Someone nominated me for an award. I perk up. What’s even better is that I do not know this person. She did not nominate me just to make me feel better (see previous sad post of which I am trying to get over).
I can now move onto the happy part. Jules from The J85 has nominated me for the “Kreativ Blogger Award”.
- You must thank the person who gave you the award. Check. I did that.
- You must list ten facts about yourself. Be right on that…in a sec.
- You must tag other bloggers to nominate them for the award and let them know you that you’ve nominated them. Ack! A test. I don’t do well under pressure. There are lots of blogs out there and I need to follow more. I know immediately the ones that me feel better, so it will be them.
10 facts about me (some you might know):
- I still think I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. Yes, I have a job, but I am waiting for the day someone will read something I have written and ask me to become a writer full-time. Hey, it could happen.
- I love my dachshund(s) and they are like tiny people to me. I was waiting to reveal this later, but I put a deposit on a puppy and I have been watching him grow through e-mail photos. I am terribly sad about the loss of my other one and know that I need something to look forward to. It is my nature.
- I play Dungeons and Dragons. Still. With the same group (mostly) of guys from college. Yes, we are geeks, but I can tell you that as the only girl, we have some funny moments. It is not as ridiculous as you imagine…it is more so. Sheldon, Leonard, Raj, Howard, and my husband enjoy a few jokes I can’t share here.
- My girls are the best things in the universe and so is my husband. Should this be number 1? It already is. My daughters cheer me up when no one else can and have the best sense of self at their ages. They are confident and secure and that makes me happy.
- Even though I haven’t seen a commercial in a while with him, I love the Old Spice Man. He rules the universe. I’d vote for him, on a horse, with tickets to that thing I like.
- I love to read books and when I am in the middle of a good series, like I am now, I don’t hear you at all. It is simply too good for me to put down or pay attention to whatever it is you are blathering on about. Sorry if this pertains to my husband. He knows it is true. It is like soccer to him.
- I do not actually like exercise and try to pretend I do just so I will go. Oh sure, once I get into a groove I feel great. I’m all like “look at me on the elliptical…woo-hoo” and the next day I’m all like, “oops, I forgot my gym bag…drat”. Then the cycle starts all over again (make me go).
- I have had the same best friend since I was in first grade. This is not an easy task and we have had to work hard at maintaining our friendship through the years. Anything worth having is worth fighting for and if you got up and walked away at the first speed bump, well, I guess that says more about you than me. I’m a Scorpio…ha.
- Being different is not a bad thing. Being treated differently can be. I believe in being up front with everyone. You should be able to handle the truth…ha. If you can’t, please walk away.
- I like to quote movies…especially fantasy movies like Labyrinth. I also can complete the quotes my husband does for other movies. We are ultra geeks…and it fits us perfectly.
Nominations, should they choose to accept:
- Lorwynd’s Thoughts…this guy kind of grows on you.
- Two Cents Plus…she makes me laugh.
- The Healthy Diva…wonderful recipes and tips.
- A Little Bit Fairy…she draws like I wish I could.
Lastly, I’d like to give a “shout out” to everyone out there who follows my blog. Thank you for allowing me to use words like “shout out”. Also, if you find a blog you think I should check out based on the 10 facts about me, please, please, comment here with the link:)
“To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.” ~Albert Einstein